lørdag 7. januar 2017

Hello readers!
This is my first post on my first book blog. I am confident that I will learn something from this blogging challenge, although I’m not fond about blogging at all. Now, let’s get started. The book I will read during the next four weeks is Lord of the Flies by William Golding. Golding was born in 1911 and served in the Royal Navy during the second world war. Wikipedia states that “He fought and was briefly in the pursuit and sinking of the German battleship Bismarck. He started writing books after the war. Lord of the flies was his first book ever published and has been critically acclaimed, especially in the late 90s. Later in life, he was awarded the Nobel peace prize and the booker prize in 1980. He was knighted by Queen Elizabeth in 1988. Golding died unexpectedly of heart failure in 1993.
Besides writing books, Golding worked as a schoolteacher in Salisbury, Wiltshire. The subjects he taught were philosophy and English. Golding and the chemist Ann Brookfield on the 30 September 1939.

I have high expectations for this book since it has been awarded several awards, has been cinematized three times and is regarded as a classic. I have already read about fifty pages and it is looking promising. I will write more about the book in my next blog entry. 

1 kommentar:

  1. I didn't know it had been made into a movie three times. Good choice of book, Andreas. Add some pictures of Golding, though!

    SvarSlett